Zesty Lemon Carrot Cake
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 cups whole wheat flour*
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp extra olive oil to brush cake mold
- powdered sugar and lemon zest for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Whisk together sugar and eggs in a large bowl. Add olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and grated carrot and continue stirring.
- Add whole wheat flour and baking powder together, and mix it into the egg mixture with a spatula.
- Brush your cake mold with oil and pour the batter into it.
- Bake it for 40 minutes until golden.
- Let it cool and sift powdered sugar on it and top with lemon zest!