Watermelon Aqua Fresca Popsicle
- 1/2 fresh watermelon, seeded and diced (yields about 6 cups of juice)
- 2 small limes, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine-grained sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups St. Germain liqueur (or sparkling wine), optional
- Place a fine sieve in a large bowl or other container. Push watermelon fruit through the sieve to eliminate pulp and collect juice. (You can strain a second time with an even finer sieve or cheesecloth.) Alternatively, purée fruit in a blender and strain through a fine sieve or cheesecloth. Set aside.
- In a large pitcher, mix lime juice and salt. Add watermelon juice and optional liqueur, and stir well. Taste, and adjust seasonings if necessary. Stir well just before use.
- Pour into Popsicle molds, and let freeze overnight.
- Serves 12.