Vanilla Cheese Cakes
- 200 g digestive biscuits
- 50 g butter, diced
- 740 g full-fat cream cheese, such as Philadelphia
- 225 g golden caster sugar
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 2 vanilla pods, seeds
- only few drops vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 240 ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease a 20-24cm round, springform cake tin. Break the biscuits into a blender and process to a crumbs. Melt the butter in a small pan and mix with the biscuit crumbs.
- Tip the mixture into the cake tin and press firmly over the base to make an even 1cm thick layer. Chill for about 30 minutes.