Truffled Fettuccine With Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 8 ounces fettuccine or linguine (preferably fresh)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Truffle oil (see notes)
- Truffle salt (see notes)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil for the pasta, cook according to the package directions and drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the butter and olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the shallot and sauté until soft and translucent. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking just until they begin to brown and any liquid has evaporated, about 4 minutes. Season to taste with truffle salt and pepper, then stir in the cream. Heat through, add the chives and toss with the pasta.
- Drizzle the pasta with the truffle oil and adjust the truffle salt and pepper seasoning to taste. Toss again, plate and top with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.