TOASTED CHEESE SANDWICH WITH ROASTED PEPPER TOMATO SOUP
- 1 Roasted Pepper
- Provolone or pepper jack cheese
- 2 to 4 slices Bacon
- 1 mashed avocado
- 2 Tablespoons Salsa
- 2 slices Chipotle sour-dough bread (or Jalapeño bread)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 4 to 6 Roasted peppers chopped
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place bacon in a skillet on medium and cover. Cook until desired doneness.
- Seed pepper and cut into long strips. Put on baking sheet and roast until blackened under your broiler on Hi.
- Slice cheese
- Mash the avocado
- Spread salsa onto the inside of the bread
- Layer the avocado on the salsa
- Layer roasted peppers, tomatoes and cheese onto one piece of bread and lay the other piece of bread, buttered side out on the top.
- Place onto a grill heated to medium high and butter the remaining side of unbuttered bread. Toast the sandwich until the cheese gets all melty and warm and the bread is a light golden brown. Cut in half . Delicious served with Roasted Pepper Tomato soup. Enjoy!
Roasted Pepper Tomato Soup:
- In a stockpot, over medium heat, combine the tomatoes, peppers, cloves and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, and gently boil for about 20 minutes to blend all of the flavors.
- Remove from heat and run the mixture through a food mill into a large bowl, or pan. Discard any stuff left over in the food mill.
- In the now empty stockpot, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour to make a roux, cooking until the roux is a medium brown. Gradually whisk in a bit of the tomato mixture, so that no lumps form, then stir in the rest. Season with salt, and adjust to taste.