THE MOST AMAZING MOIST TIRAMISU CHOCOLATE CAKE
I LOVE TIRAMISU any kind style of Tiramisu. I love it in a glass, I love it on a square tray…well almost everything. I will order Tiramisu when ever is on the menu.
This one is one exceptional recipe, it looks so difficult and a lot to do, but not really..it just need patients. Replacing lady finger with ultimate moist chocolate cake is seriously upgrading its flavor, it’s not as authentic but the flavor of that traditional tiramisu is on the cake sooo delicious. You really must give this recipe a try.
The Chocolate Cake
- butter and flour for coating and dusting the cake pan
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the filling
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules (I use simple local coffee sachet ) (for brushing)
- 150ml oz boiling water (to be added to the coffee for cake brushing
- 2 sachet ready use coffee
- 100ml/ brandy (choice you can simply use coffee liqueur with or without alcohol)
- 750 gr full-fat MASCARPONE cheese
- 300ml double cream (make sure is not cooking cream )
- 3 tbsp Icing sugar, shifted
- 65g chocolate ( I use 50 %cocoa solids), grated
For the decoration
- 100g dark chocolate ( I use 70% cocoa solids), finely chopped
- 2 tbsp a good dark cocoa powder
- 2 cup whipped cream for top cake decorations
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Butter three 9-inch cake rounds. Dust with flour and tap out the excess.
- Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a stand mixer using a low speed until combined.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, warm water, oil, and vanilla. Beat on a medium speed until smooth. This should take just a couple of minutes.
- Divide batter among the three pans. I found that it took just over 3 cups of the batter to divide it evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in a 350 degree oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks for 15 minutes and then turn out the cakes onto the racks and allow to cool completely.
Making The Mascarpone filling
- Make the mascarpone frosting: Whisk mascarpone on medium speed until creamy for about 2 minutes. Add powdered sugar and whisk until creamy and combined another 1-2 minutes. Add coffee and coffee Liquer (optional) (I use straight from the sachet or any kind espresso base and whisk until well combined and creamy for about 2-3 minutes. Stir in whipped heavy cream (to medium peak) and fold nicely
- Assemble the cake: Place the first cake layer on a cake board or cake stand. Brush with a third of the ½ cup coffee. Then spread ⅓ of the mascarpone cream with an offset spatula on top. Repeat one more time. Place last cake layer on top and lightly frost the outside and the sides of the cake with the remaining frosting. Level the top and sides with the offset spatula. Chill at least 4 hours in the fridge.
- Pipe whipped cream on top if desired. Then dust with cocoa just before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days.