The Best Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup (250 ml) water 1/2 cup
- (100 g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (160 g) light corn syrup,
- agave nectar, or glucose 3/4 cup (75 g)
- unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably Dutch-processed)
- 2 ounces (55 g) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the water, sugar, corn syrup (or agave or glucose), and cocoa powder.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Once it’s just begun to simmer and boil, remove from heat and stir in the chopped chocolate until melted.
- Serving: You should let the Chocolate Sauce stand for a few hours before serving, which will give it time to thicken a bit.