THAI FRIED CHICKEN
I LOVE THIS MARINATED CHICKEN, RICH IN FLAVORS, CILANTRO WITH GARLIC AND AMAZING HOME MADE ASIAN SEASONING. ITS CRISPY, MOIST AND ADDICTIVE
- 8 pcs chicken, drumsticks, thighs, breasts, or cut-up chicken pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and pounded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro roots or use the cilantro stems, without leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, large-grained or kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- oil for deep-frying
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- wash the chicken and then pet dry
- using a mortar or food processor blend the garlic, cilantro roots and salt until they become a fine paste.
- mix the paste with the fish sauce, oyster sauce and ground black pepper and mix them well. Transfer the chicken to a airtight container or just simple ziploc bag and marinate the chicken at least 6 hours or best overnight.
- When ready, heat up a pot of cooking oil or use a deep fryer. While waiting for the oil to heat up, mix the three types of flour together in a new Ziploc bag. Add the chicken and coat evenly with the flour mixture. Shake the excess flour off.
- Drop the chicken gently into the oil and deep fry the chicken until crispy and golden brown (the inside should cook thoroughly but remains juicy). Transfer the fried chicken out on a plate lined with paper towels to soak up the excess oil.
- Serve the fried chicken im