SAUSAGE WITH SUNDRIED DRIED TOMATO CREAM SAUCE PASTA
Super duper easy pasta with the most amazing , creamiest homemade sun-dried tomato, its mouthwatering
- 250 grams of spiral pasta or penne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 smoked andouille sausage or any kind sausage with your preference, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leave
- 50 grams shitake mushroom
- 50 grams of baby spinach
FOR THE CREAM SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup julienned sun dried tomatoes
- in olive oil, drained
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or
- more, to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black
- pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage, and cook, stirring frequently, until sausage is lightly browned, add the mushroom, about 3-4 minutes; set aside.
- To make the cream sauce, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, Parmesan, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in pasta and sausage until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.