Stir-Fried Lobster With Butter And Cheese
- 2.5 lbs lobster
- 1/2 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup light cream/milk
- 4 slices Kraft cheese (yep, Chinese restaurants use them!) or cheese powder
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Some corn starch (for coating the lobster pieces before deep frying)
- Some chopped scallions
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Clean the lobster and chop it into pieces. Coat the lobster pieces with some corn starch and deep fry in very hot oil until 80% done or as soon as the shell turns red. Dish out and set aside.
- Heat up a wok and add the melted butter. Toss in the chopped garlic, sliced onion and stir fry until aromatic (but before they turn brown). Add in the light cream/milk, bring it to boil, and then add in the fried lobster pieces. Lay the 4 pieces of cheese (or sprinkle cheese powder generously) on top of the lobster and cover the wok on high heat and let it simmer for a few minutes or until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens. Stir and blend the cheese well with the lobster, add chopped scallion, salt and sugar to taste, dish out and serve immediately.
- If the sauce is too thick and sticky, add some water to loosen up the sauce.
- You can use other cheese slices or cheese powder for this recipe.