SPICY AND CRISPY THAI PRAWN BASIL
a street food that will blow your mind, it would be your favorite dish to be shared with your family
- 6 birds’ eye chillies
- 50 gr dried chili
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300g (10 oz) peeled and deveined prawns
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 4 tbs corn flour (coating)
- 1 heaped cup of holy basil*
- Steamed rice to serve
- Use a mortar and pestle to bruise the garlic and chillies. coat the prawn with salt and pepper then coat evenly with corn flour.
- heat the oil in the wok and deep fry the prawn set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan over high heat. Add the garlic and chillies and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the prawns and stir-fry until almost cooked. Add the oyster sauce, fish sauce and sugar and stir-fry for another 1 minute or until prawns are cooked. Turn off the heat and toss through the basil. Serve with steamed rice.