- Salt and black pepper
- 200g spaghetti
- 1 large onion
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 150g pancetta lardons
- 150ml double cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 100g parmesan cheese,grated
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil.Add the spaghetti and cook according to the packet instructions (usually 7 – 10’),being careful not to overcook the pasta.When it is tender but still has some bite,drain it thoroughly.
- While the pasta is cooking,chop the onion.Heat the olive oil in a frying pan,add the onion and cook over a medium-high heat until it is just beginning to colour.
- In a separate pan,fry the pancetta until golden brown,then add it to the onion.
- Pour in the cream,bring the sauce to the boil and season with salt.Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the drained spaghetti to the sauce,followed by the egg yolks and parmesan and mix well together.
- Serve straight away with plenty of freshly ground black pepper.