Sophisticated Healthy Salmon
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 limes
- 2 lemons
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 bunch arugula
- Fresh mint and dill
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper
- 2 red onions
- 2 lb wild salmon fillets
- 1 loaf thinly sliced whole wheat bread
- Olive oil
- 1 sm jar fat-free mayo
- 1 sm jar Dijon mustard
- 1 sm tube wasabi paste
- 1 jar sliced pickled ginger
- 1 pkg (28 oz) frozen diced potatoes with onions and peppers
- 1 container (8 oz) fat-free sour cream
Make This First: Seared Wild Salmon with Mango Salsa
Time: 25 minutes + marinating time Servings: 6
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into small cubes (about 1 1/2 c)
- 1/2 c chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 c chopped red onion
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped jalapeno chile pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 c)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 wild salmon fillets (1 lb each, about 1" thick)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
B. Make This for Brunch: Savory Salmon Brunch Skillet
Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4
- 2/3 c fat-free sour cream
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pkg (28 oz) frozen diced potatoes with onions and peppers (i.e., "O'Brien" potatoes.
- 2 c flaked Seared Wild Salmon (about 1/2 lb)
- 1/3 c chopped scallions
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Prepare salsa. Toss together mango, bell pepper, onion, lime juice, mint, and jalapeno chile pepper in small bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Cover and chill at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Prepare salmon. Combine lemon juice and paprika in large shallow baking dish. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place salmon in dish and flip to cover both sides. Marinate, covered, up to 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Remove fillets from marinade. Discard marinade. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sear fillets 15 minutes, turning once, or until just opaque. Serve with salsa
- Blend sour cream, lemon juice, and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the dill in small bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add oil and heat over medium heat. Spread potatoes evenly over bottom of pan, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until heated through. Remove cover, raise heat to medium-high, and press potatoes with large spatula. Cook 5 minutes or until potatoes brown and begin to crisp, turning occasionally.
- Combine salmon, scallions, mustard, and the remaining 1 tablespoon dill in medium bowl while potatoes cook. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add salmon mixture, combining with potatoes by turning sections with spatula (try not to break up potatoes). Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve with dill cream.
- 310 cal, 17 g pro, 43 g carb, 8.5 g fat, 1.5 g sat fat, 33 mg chol, 4 g fiber, 156 mg sodium Nutritional Info Per Serving