Smoked wild Irish salmon with chive pancakes
For the dressing;
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 100ml olive oil
- juice 1 lemon
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 140g plain flour
- 250ml milk
- handful chives, chopped
- vegetable oil, to cook
- 6 handfuls mixed salad leaves
- 12 slices of smoked salmon, preferably wild Irish salmon
- 1 lemon, finely sliced
- handful chives, halved
- To make the dressing, place the wholegrain mustard in a bowl, then using a whisk, add the olive oil slowly. Add a squeeze of lemon, season to taste, then set aside.
- To make the pancake mixture, mix together the eggs, flour, milk and chopped chives until smooth. Season with pepper and salt, if you want
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over a highish heat. Using a piece of kitchen paper wipe the pan with some vegetable oil. Pour a ladleful of the pancake batter into the pan and swirl to cover the base. Cook for about 1 min, then flip, cook for 30 secs more, remove and place on greaseproof paper. Repeat until you’ve made all six pancakes, then set aside.
- To serve, arrange handfuls of salad leaves in piles on the side of each of six plates. Fold pancakes into four and sit next to the leaves. Loosely drape two slices of smoked salmon over the leaves and pancakes. Tuck two slices of lemon and a few chives under the salmon, then drizzle the mustard dressing over everything and serve.