Sirloin Steak with Rosemary & Balsamic Reductions
- Sirloin steak: 1 lb (500 g)
- Rosemary: 4 springs
- Balsamic reduction sauce: 4 tbsp
- Garlic: 4 cloves, sliced
- Olive oil: 4 tbsp
- Salt Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and place an oven proof pan in it.
- Prepare the balsamic sauce as described here.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Add two tablespoon olive oil into a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Cook the steak in the pan for 3 min on each side or until it becomes slightly brown.
- Remove the hot empty pan from the oven. Add garlics and two rosemary springs to it and drizzle over with 2 tbsp olive oil. Gently transfer the steak to the oven pan. Pour over the excess oil in the frying pan over the steak. Place the remaining rosemary springs on top of the steak. Transfer the pan to the oven.
- For a medium steak, broil it in the oven for about 5 min on each side. Change the cooking time if you prefer a well done or rare steak.
- Pour the balsamic reduction sauce over the steak before serving it.