Sichuan pepper and salt tofu
- 1 block Japanese silken tofu
- 3 tbsp. vegetable cooking oil
- 1 eggs, for coating
- 6 tablespoon, corn flour for coating
- 1 scallion , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 3 fresh chilis , cut into small circles
Salt and pepper mix
- 1/2 tbsp. salt , or to taste
- 1 tbsp. Sichuan peppercorn
- Cut tofu into small cubes and then coat with a thin layer of eggs and then layer of starch.
- Heat oil in wok and slowly fry the tofu blocks until crispy and slightly browned.
- Remove extra oil, only leave around 1 tablespoon of oil in pan, fry garlic, scallion and chili pepper until aromatic, turn off the fire. Return tofu and sprinkle salt and pepper. Toss well.