Sesame Style Asparagus
Serves 2 to 4 as an appetizer
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and sliced diagonally into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- A few drops chilli oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted white sesame seeds
- In a pot of boilin water, blanch (quickly cook) the asparagus under just tender (it should still have a snap), about 90 seconds. Quickly plunge asparagus into a large bowl of ice water. Let cool for a few minutes, then drain and transfer onto paper towels to dry.
- In medium-sized bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, and chilli oil. Add asparagus and toss to coat. Transfer to serving dish, and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top.