Serves: 1, simply double for two
- 8 freshly opened oysters
- 2 Tbsp (1/4 stick) of sweet butter
- 1 Tbsp chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster liquor, also called liquid
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- dash celery salt
- 1 oz of clam juice
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 slice of dry toast
- Place all ingredients except cream, toast and 1 Tbsp of butter in the top part of a double broiler over boiling water. Do not let the top pan of the double broiler touch the water below.
- Whisk or stir briskly and constantly for abut 1 minute until oyster edges begin to curl. Stirring carefully as to not damage the oysters.
- Add cream and continue stirring briskly, Do not boil.
- Pour pan roast into a soup plate over the slice of dry toast
- Top with remaining 1 Tbsp butter, and sprinkle with paprika, and serve right away.