SALTED EGG PASTA WITH TIGER PRAWN
This a quick and easy recipe. using a creamy texture works wonder for the recipe. A wonderful alternative for pasta
- 250 Gr dried pasta (I used spaghetti)
- 4 salted egg (steamed) and use only the egg yolk ** see note bellow
- 4 large tiger prawn (peeled and deveined keep the tail)
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup curry leaves
- 2 tbsp onion (finally chopped)
- 60 ml heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 chilli padi
- 1 tbs sugar
- 4 tbsp olive oil or any vegetable oil for your substitution
- 4 L water
- 2 tbs parmessan cheese
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon (you can replace with chicken powder or mushroom powder)
- other choice to do your egg yolk is to separate the egg yolk to a small bowl and steam.
- In a pot, boil 4 L water with 2 tbsp salt. Once boiling, add spaghetti and cook according to packet instructions. Drain pasta and coat spaghetti with 2 tbsp olive oil. (I always keep about 1/2 cup of pasta water, its great to give extra texture to the dish) Set aside.
- In a separate pan on medium heat, melt butter and add in garlic, onion, curry leaves and chili padi. Fry for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Season your prawn with salt and pepper
- then on the separate bowl mix the plain flour and corn flour season with salt and pepper as well, then dip the prawn lightly coated with the mix, then deep fry , set aside
- In a separate pan on medium heat, melt butter , onion and add in garlic, curry leaves and chili padi. Fry for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add salted egg yolks into the pan. Using a fork or a spatula, mash the yolks and mix into the sauce until it is well combined.
- In the same pan, add sugar and heavy cream. Mix well for 4 to 5 minutes, until sugar dissolves and sauce slightly thickens. Season to taste with salt if needed.
- add the prawn to the mix
- Then add the pasta with the pasta water until it become slightly slurry