SALMON FRIED RICE
This is my ultimate comfort food, Fried rice in the next level. The best about fried rice, is using a left over ingredients.
- 1 fillet fresh salmon (or leftover Shiojake (Salted Salmon)(recipe available)
- kosher/sea salt or using regular salt
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 green onion/scallion
- 1-2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp neutral-flavored oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil (a good sesame oil is a must)
- 2 cups cooked Japanese short-grain rice ( I use a left over rice from the night before and store them in the chiller)
- 1 tsp soy sauce (i use dark soy sauce)
- ¼ tsp kosher/sea salt
- ⅛ tsp white pepper powder (to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- left over salted salmon prepare shiojake, or you can prepare your salmon by quickly rinse the salmon and pet dry and coat with salt on both side, and bake in the oven 180 Celsius for about 20 minutes . (the taste will be different but it will be close enough)
- using the shiojake, the left over. Break the Salmon into small pieces
- chop the green onion into small pieces. set aside
- seperate the egg, egg yolk and white egg (whisk differently)
- saute the egg white on the pan and set aside
- mix the egg yolk to the left over rice. Mix it well.
- heat the wok over medium high heat, and add the oil, add the garlic saute until it create an aroma, add the rice and cook until the egg rice mix is well coated through. Add the sesame oil, scallions or green onion, add the white egg mix all together, And the last is to add the shredded salmon.
- When all the ingredients are mixed well, add soy sauce, salt, white pepper and freshly ground black pepper
- toss all the ingredient and mix well. then serve immediately