Saffron Basmati Rice with Fusion Grilled Lamb Chops
- I2 cups Basmati Rice
- 3 ½ cups Broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 pinch Saffron threads soaked in 2T hot
- water for 10 minutes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 T olive oil
- ½ cup diced onions
- 4 pcs lamb chops
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cardamon powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh cut garlic
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Wash and drain the rice. In 4-qt pot, heat with olive oil over medium heat. When oil is shimmering, add onions and fry for 3 minutes, until softened and light brown. Stir in rice, broth, saffron + soaking water and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once it starts boiling, immediately cover and turn to low heat.
- Let the rice cook on low heat, undisturbed (no peeking!) for 20 minutes. Turn off heat. Let sit for another 5 minutes covered to finish steaming. Use a fork to fluff up the rice.
- Marinate the lamb with all the ingredients and 11/2 tablespoon of olive oil leave it to rest for at least 1 hour
- Take the lamb out of the chiller and then starts heating up the grill or pan fry drizzle the remaining olive oil to the oven proof frying pan or grill..and start grilling the lamb to your liking, medium or medium rare or well done.
- serve with the rice.