- 1 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 110g/12 Oreo cookies
- 40 gr melted butter
For the Zabaglione:
- 3 large free-range egg yolks
- 1/4 cup vanilla infused caster sugar
- 1 tablespoons Cointreau or other liqueur
- 1 table spoon gelatin mix with water or the liqueur
For the cream:
- 3/4 cup cream, whipped
- 260g mascarpone
For the chocolate Ganache
- 160 gr finely chopped semi sweet chocolate
- 250 ml heavy cream or whipping cream
- Combine the coffee with the Kahlua and the vanilla extract in a shallow dish and set it aside.
- Pulse the Oreo cookies into the mixer until it become quite fine texture, add the mix of vanilla and Kailua (which is an options) pulse again before adding the butter
- Transfer to the baking dish, with a glass press them tightly until it become quite dense, set aside and place them on the chiller
- Next, make the Zabaglione. Combine the egg yolks and caster sugar in a stainless steel or copper bowl which you have sat over a pan of gently simmering water. Take care that the base of the bowl is not touching the water. Add the Cointreau or other liquier, if using. The add the gelatin to the mix, making sure you Whisk constantly for ten minutes or more, until the mixture thickens to a pale, light but thick and fluffy mousse. Take care not to let it boil, burn or scramble. set aside and let it cool a bit before mixing it together with whipped cream
- Add a serving spoon of the whipped cream to the slightly cooled Zabaglione and fold it through. Then mix the rest of the whipped cream into the bowl. Now, fold in the mascarpone, mixing well but taking care not to beat the air out of the cream.
- To assemble the dessert, pour over the mixer to the oreo mix, and let it rest for a whole night, we need to get the mixer cold before with drizzle them with chocolate ganache
- Cover the dish with a sheet of cling wrap and refrigerate the cake for several hours.
- Making the chocolate ganache, Heat the full cream and pour the chocolate mix well, until all combine, set aside let it cool a bit before pouring it to the cake
- Then pour the ganache to the cake until it covers the top of the cake, then put it aside again by placing the cake to the freezer for about 2 hours before serving
- To cut the cake, heat the knife with hot water and enjoy
Preparation time: 30 minutes. Cooking time: 30 minutes. Chilling time: 6 hours or so.