- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon of mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of white wine
- 1 teaspoon of saffron
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Place the egg yolks, mustard, and garlic in a food processor and blend all the ingredients for 30 seconds until it turns into a puree.
- Gradually add the olive oil to the puree while still blending, until you have a thick and smooth texture. When you have the desired consistency, place the saffron in the warm white wine and add to the mixture.
- Transfer the puree to a serving bowl and taste. Season with some salt and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Serve as a dip with crackers or it can accompany french fish soup.