ROASTED CANDIED TOMATOES (English)
This Roasted Candied tomatoes have more flavour than normal roasted tomatoes, perfect for you homemade pizza or pasta
- 60-70 grape tomatoes
- 4-5 sprigs fresh thyme (chopped)
- 2 springs of Rosemary
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 onion minced
- 2-3 pinches salt
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 150C, line one or two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Rinse tomatoes and slice in half lengthwise. Place on prepared cookie sheets, single layer.
- Sprinkle with thyme, oregano, rosemary, garlic and salt. Then drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes, then sprinkle with the sugar, continue baking for another 40-50 minutes then drizzle with balsamic vinegar then let the moisture has evaporated but the tomatoes are not completely dried out. Remove from oven.
- The tomatoes can be tossed with pasta, or used as a bruschetta topping. The can be frozen in an airtight container or freezer bags. Or placed in sterilized jars filled with olive oil. Enjoy!