ROAST VIETNAMESE CHICKEN
Rich in flavor a combinations of coriander roots, sugar and other spices serve with Nuoc Cham chili.
- 1 x 1.2kg chicken (Cut to 8-10 pcs)
- sliced cucumber to serve
- steamed rice to serve
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised and pale part finely sliced
- 2 coriander roots
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp white pepper
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp dark sweet soy sauce or kecap manis
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- clean the chicken and cut to 8-10 pcs
- make your marinades; using a mortar or food processor pound the lemongrass, coriander roots, garlic to a fine paste then add the soy sauce, fish sauce, dark sweet soy sauce (kecap manis) and brown sugar
- then in a large bowl place the chicken and mix with your marinade, allow to marinade about 30 minutes up to 1 hours.
- preheat your oven to 200 Celsius, make sure the oven is hot before your place the chicken in
- make your nouc Cham, whisk all the ingredients and set aside
- prepare your baking tray and line with foil or parchment pepper. place the chicken on the tray, and pour over the marinade. Pour two cups of water in the base of your baking tray and bake for over 40 minutes (Bain Marie technique). Once is cook, allow to rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- serve with cucumber, nuoc cham and steamed rice.