- 2 cups (½ litre) whole milk
- 1/3 cup (65 gr) sugar tablespoons
- (16 gr) cornstarch (also known as corn flour)
- 7 ounces (200 gr) Bronte pistachio paste (see Note)
- A few drops of lemon or orange juice
- Make a slurry by mixing the 1/4 cup of the milk with the cornstarch, mixing until the starch is dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Heat the rest of the milk in a medium-sized saucepan with the sugar.
- When it almost starts to boil, stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook at gentle simmer for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, scrape into a bowl, and chill thoroughly, preferably overnight.
- Once chilled, whisk in the pistachio paste and just a few drops of citrus juice until smooth.
- Freeze the gelato in your ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions.