PICO DE GALLO SALSA
Pico de Gallo is a popular Mexican salsa. It is also known as “Salsa Fresca,” or “Salsa Cruda.” It is traditionally made with equal parts tomatoes and onion, with fresh cilantro and a generous squeeze of lime juice
a perfect side dish, Salsa Fresca is often served as a topping for breakfast foods, enchiladas, tacos, nachos and more. It is so versatile! It’s also perfect as an appetizer with chips.
- 450-500 gr tomatoes, (3-4 medium), diced
- 1 medium onion, (1.5 cup chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced (optional)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice, from 1 lime
- tsp salt, or to taste
- black pepper (adjusted)
In a medium bowl, diced tomatoes, onion, jalapeno pepper and chopped cilantro.
Stir in 2 Tbsp lime juice and lightly season with tsp salt and black pepper, or season to taste. Enjoy right away or cover and refrigerate overnight.