Peranakan Fried Udon
- 1 Pack Fresh udon 7 oz
- 2 Garlic Minced
- 2 Tablespoon Oil Lard Preferred
- 3-5 Shrimp Shelled and deveined
- 6-8 Slices fish Cakes
- 4-5 fresh shiitake mushroom oyster mushroom or king trumpet mushrooms, sliced into pieces
- 2 mini carrots peeled and sliced into pieces
- 1/3 cups shredded cabbage or Napa Cabbage
- A few bird’s eye chillies cut
- Soy souce
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sweet soy sauce kecap manis
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 dashes white pepper
- Rinse the udon with cold running water, drained and set aside. Mix all the ingredients in the Sauce in a small bowl, stir to blend well. Set aside.
- Prepare the soy sauce and cut chilies condiments in a small saucer. Just add some soy sauce to the cut chilies.
- Heat up a wok and add the oil (or lard). When the hot is fully heated, add the garlic and stir fry until aromatic. Add the shrimp and fish cake and stir-fry until the shrimp is half cooked. Add the mushroom, carrot and napa cabbage and stir for a few times. Add the udon noodles into the wok, follow by the Sauce. Stir continuously to combine all the ingredients in the wok. Let cook for a little bit, stir a few times and make sure the udon noodles are cooked through. Dish out and serve immediately with the cut chilies and soy sauce condiment.