Peppered Shrimp Alfredo
My Midnight meal and weekend happiness
- 250 gr or box penne/spaghetti or fettuccini
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 80 gr mascarpone cheese (optional)
- 250 gr package portobello mushrooms roughly chopped or brown mushroom can also do
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 300 gr medium/large shrimp peeled, de-veined, tails off
- 150 gram diced chicken
- 200 gr alfredo sauce https://sandradjohan.com/homemade-alfredo-sauce/
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese or simple parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- crushed black pepper for the taste add more to give extra spice
- chopped parsley to garnish - optional
- Bring a large pot of salted/oiled water to a boil.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Once hot add in olive oil and butter.
- Once butter has melted add in diced onions. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until onions have started to soften.
- Add in red bell pepper and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- At this time, cook your pasta. Your pasta should finish at about the same time the sauce has been completed.
- Add the chicken
- Add in mushrooms and garlic.
- Add in shrimp and saute until the shrimp starts to turn pink.
- Stir in Alfredo, romano, mascarpone cheese and heavy cream and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in spices. Taste and re-season if necessary.
- Drain pasta and stir pasta into the sauce
- Serve immediately with optional parsley! add more crushed black pepper.