Peachy Custard Dessert
- 1 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 medium fresh peaches, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Mix flour, 2 tablepoons sugar, the salt and baking powder in medium bowl. Cut in butter, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Pat mixture firmly and evenly in bottom and halfway up sides of ungreased square pan, 8x8x2 inches.
- Spread peaches in crust in pan. Mix 1/3 cup sugar and the cinnamon; sprinkle over peaches. Bake 15 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks and whipping cream until well blended; pour over peaches. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until custard is set and edges are light brown. Serve warm. Store covered in refrigerator.