- 150g penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 6 smoked beef slices, chopped
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 200 g (7 oz) button mushrooms, sliced
- 625 ml (21 1/2 fl oz/2 1/2 cups) pouring (whipping) cream
- 2 spring onions (scallions), sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and peper
1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well and return to the pan to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the bacon and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
3. Add a little of the cream and stir well with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the remaining cream, bring to the boil and cook over high heat for 15 minutes, or until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Add the spring onion. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss well. Serve sprinkled with the parsley.