MAKES 12 BUNS
- 1 (¼-oz.) package active dry yeast
- ¼ cup, plus 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 9 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened, plus more for greasing
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups flour, plus more for dusting
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1½ cups Nutella
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Combine yeast, 1 tsp. sugar and ½ cup warm water in a bowl until foamy, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, bring milk to a simmer in a 1-qt saucepan over medium heat; set aside for 5 minutes. Stir in remaining sugar, 4 tbsp. butter, and salt and stir to yeast mixture with vanilla, 2 eggs, and flour just until combined. Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 3 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap; let sit until dough doubles in size, about 1½ hours.
- Heat oven to 375°. Melt remaining butter in a 1-qt. saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar, stir until smooth, and pour into a 9" x 13" baking dish; sprinkle with pecans.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and roll dough into a 15" x 20" rectangle. Spread Nutella evenly over dough, leaving a ½" border on one long side. Beat remaining egg in a bowl and brush the clean border of the dough. Roll dough into a log towards the end brushed with egg; trim ends and cut log into 12 rounds. Transfer rounds cut side up to the baking dish, sprinkle with cinnamon and bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving. Serve inverted onto plates and drizzle with syrup and nuts from the bottom of the baking dish.
Cream Cheese Icing:
4oz Cream Cheese (softened) 1 tsp Vanilla 1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar