Nutella Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 15g Butter
- 120ml 2% Milk
- 25g White Sugar (seperated 20g, 5g)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- 1 package Dried Active Yeast (7g)
- 125ml Lukewarm Water
- 180g Plain Flour
- 180g Bread Flour
- *you could probably sub up to 1/3 of each flour wholemeal
- 30g Butter, melted
- 25g White Sugar
- 25g Brown Sugar
- 1T Cinnamon
- Heat the butter and milk in a microwave until the butter is melted.
- In a large bowl mix the 20g sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Pour the warm butter mixture into a large bowl and stir.
- In a separate small bowl, stir the yeast, lukewarm water and 5g sugar until the yeast is dissolved.
- Let the yeast mix sit for 5-10 minutes until it becomes all frothy, if it doesn’t your yeast most likely wont work.
- Mix in most of the flour till you get a sticky dough, saving a few tablespoons.
- Place the dough onto a floured board or clean surface. Sprinkle the remaining flour onto the dough and knead into the dough until it’s soft and smooth, about 5-10 minutes.
- Grease a bowl either with a bit of oil. Place the dough into the greased bowl and cover it with a towel.
- Let it rise for 1-1/2 hours. The dough should double in size.
- Place the risen dough on a floured surface and knead it again for just a minute or two this time.
- Roll the dough into a rectangular-ish shape (most likely a long oval ‘thingy’.
- Spread the melted butter onto the rolled dough. Mix the filling ingredients (aside from butter) in another bowl.
- Sprinkle it over the buttered dough. Roll the dough up into, well, a roll.
- The tighter you roll it, the better the dough will stay together once it is baked.
- Place the roll of dough into a greased bread pan with the seam of the dough facing the bottom of it.
- Cover one more time and let it rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 5 Take a knife and score the dough by cutting 3 slashes diagonally across the top of the loaf.
- Bake the bread for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Let the bread cool slightly before cutting it into beautiful slice