MISO BUTTERED CHICKEN PASTA
- 800 Gr chicken whole chicken thigh without bone.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup white miso
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (do not use seasoned rice vinegar)
- Black pepper, to taste
For the pasta
- 250g dried pasta (spaghetti, linguine, etc)
- 200g mushroom – sliced (use a mix of brown, shimeiji, oyster And shiitake)
- Salt and pepper
- 6 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 tbsp dry chili flakes or whole chili flakes
- 3 tbsp (45g) unsalted butter – softened at room temperature
- 2 tbsp miso paste (I’m using white miso)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
PREPARE YOUR CHICKEN
- Combine butter, miso, honey, rice vinegar and black pepper in a large bowl and mix with a spatula or spoon until it is well combined. Add chicken to the bowl and massage the miso-butter mixture all over it. Marinate the chicken for at least 45 min. set aside
- Place the chicken in a single layer in a roasting pan and slide it into the oven. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, turning the chicken pieces over once or twice, until the skin is golden brown and crisp, and the internal temperature of the meat is 160 to 165 degrees.
- While waiting for the chicken roasted, start preparing your pasta
- In a small bowl, mix softened butter, miso paste, soy sauce and sugar together. Your miso butter paste is done.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add in enough salt. It should taste slightly salty, like the ocean. Add in pasta and cook less than a minute according to the time as shown in the package.
- While waiting for the pasta, heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a large skillet or pan, and add in mushrooms.
- Sauté mushrooms over high heat until lightly brown.
- Remove mushrooms from pan and lower heat to low.
- Add in minced garlic, miso butter paste and stir to combine.
- Pour in whipping cream and continue to cook over low heat. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper if needed.
- When the pasta is ready, use a pair of tongs and transfer them into the sauce, along with the mushrooms.
- Toss all the ingredients well. Add some reserved pasta water if the pasta is too dry.
- Top the grilled chicken on top of pasta, Serve warm.