MISO BUTTER MUSHROOM PASTA
- 250g dried pasta (spaghetti, linguine, etc)
- 200g SHITAKE mushroom – sliced (OR mix of brown, shimeiji, oyster)
- 1 large chili sliced (great to add a bit of spice)
- Salt and pepper
- 6 cloves garlic – minced
- 3 tbsp (45g) unsalted butter – softened at room temperature
- 2 tbsp miso paste (I’m using white miso)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of togarasi for garnish
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- In a small bowl, mix softened butter, miso paste, soy sauce and sugar together. Your miso butter paste is done.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add in enough salt. It should taste slightly salty, like the ocean. Add in pasta and cook less than a minute according to the time as shown in the package.
- While waiting for the pasta, heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a large skillet or pan, and add in mushrooms.
- Sauté mushrooms over high heat until lightly brown.
- Remove mushrooms from pan and lower heat to low.
- Add in minced garlic, sliced chili, miso butter paste and stir to combine.
- Pour in whipping cream and continue to cook over low heat. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper if needed.
- When the pasta is ready, use a pair of tongs and transfer them into the sauce, along with the mushrooms.
- Toss all the ingredients well. Add some reserved pasta water if the pasta is too dry.
- garnish with togarasi, Serve warm.