MINI COCONUT CAKE
Moist, fluffy, and soft, this MINI Coconut Cake recipe has the perfect amount of sweetness
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 free-range egg
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 2–3 Tbs flaked coconut, plus extra to garnish (optional)
- whipped double cream, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Grease a 12-hole muffin tin or line with paper cases.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large bowl, then stir in the lime zest and desiccated coconut.
- Beat together the egg, coconut milk, oil and lime juice and pour this into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin holes, to about two-thirds full, and sprinkle with a pinch or two of flaked coconut.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until well risen and golden. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you like, top each cake with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of flaked coconut.