Mexican Coffee Bun
For the Bun
- 500g Bread Flour
- 80g Castor Sugar
- 9g Salt
- 20g Milk Powder(optional)
- 10g Dry Yeast
- 60g Butter
- 280ml Water
- 1 large Egg
- 200g Butter
- 150g Powdered Sugar (Sieved)
- 3 Large Eggs (Lightly beaten)
- 200g Cake Flour
- 3 tbps Brazilian Coffee Espresso
- 1 tbsp Coffee Liquor
- 1 pinch of cinammon
- 1 pinch of cloves
- 100g of Real Butter
For the Bun
- Add all the dry ingredients. Mix it thoroughly.
- Gradually add in water and egg mixture and knead on medium speed for about 10 minutes.
- Slowly add in butter and continue kneading till you get a shining and elastic dough.
- Cover dough with a cloth.
- Leave to proof for about 40 minutes or till dough has doubled in size.
- When dough is proofing, prepare topping.
- Beat butter and sugar till pale in color.
- Gradually add in egg.
- Fold in flour on low speed.
- Add in coffee, liquor and spices.
- Mix until even.
- Set aside.
To Make Bun
- Remove the dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, punch dough down to release the air.
- Divide dough in 25 grams peaces each.
- Roll it out in to a small circle and insert 1 tsp butter into each bun.
- Wrap it up.
- Leave the ready bun to proof for about 45 minutes or double in size.
- Put the cream topping into a pipping bag and pump out the cream in circles around the bun.