- 2-3 slices deli ham, diced
- 3 scallions, chopped (save 1 teaspoon for garnish)
- 5 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 extra large egg
- 3/8 cup (90g) milk
- Vegetable oil for greasing
- 11-12oz ready rolled short/pie pastry, thawed (follow the instruction on the package)
- All purpose flour, for dusting
- 1/3 cup grated cheese (cheddar/mozzarella)
- Mix together the diced ham, chopped scallions and diced cherry tomatoes in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the egg and milk with a fork. Chill these ingredients as you prepare the pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (210°C). Grease a 12-cupcakes pan. Sprinkle a little all purpose flour on surface, roll out the pastry. If the pastry cracks when rolling out, use your fingers and slightly pinch to seal the crack.
- Use a 3″ (7.5cm) round cutter. Cut out 12 circles and place each in a cup of the pan. Gently press down with your finger to form a shallow cup.
- Divide the mixture of ham, scallions and tomatoes equally among the 12 cups. Fill each cup with the egg and milk mixture until 80-90% full. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the mini quiches are set and golden. Garnish with some chopped scallions. Serve warm.
If you don’t have a 3″ cookie cutter, use the rim of a drinking glass or container that is slightly wider than the cup in the pan.