Lemon and Pepper Chicken wing
- 3 lbs chicken wings party style wings cut into sections
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- oil for frying
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- lemon wedges and parsley sprigs for serving optional
- 1/2 cup dried lemon peel
- 2 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Pat chicken wings dry with paper towels. Line a large plate or bowl with a few paper towels. Set both nearby.
In a large skillet, heat 2-3 inches of oil to 170 degrees C (using a candy thermometer helps!)
- While oil heats, place flour and salt in a large Ziploc bag. Gently shake bag to mix ingredients.
- Add prepared chicken wings to Ziploc bag. Seal bag, then shake to thoroughly coat chicken.
- Working in batches of 5-7, drop coated chicken wings in heated oil. Fry for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through. Wings are done when they are a deep golden brown. Once cooked, place chicken wings on prepared paper towel lined plate. Repeat this step until all wings are cooked.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together melted butter and lemon pepper seasoning. Use a basting brush to coat both sides of the fried chicken wings with buttery lemon pepper.
Serve lemon pepper chicken wings immediately with fresh parsley and lemon wedges as garnish (optional).