TWICE COOK LAMB SHANK WITH SPICE INFUSED RICE
Arabian Infused Spicy Roasted Lamb and Goat Meat Served Over curry based Rice
for the lamb
- 2 lamb shank
- 1.5 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion
- 3 clove of garlic
- 2 pcs kapol
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tsp whole white pepper (lightly crushed)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
for the rice
- 2 shallots
- 2 garlic
- 2 tbs curry powder
- 2 tbs garam masala
- 2 pcs hot habanero chili or chili padi
- 400 gr white rice (preferable day before rice)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp sweet dark soy sauce + 1 tsp ground white pepper (for basting the lamb)
- 2 tbsp butter
Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
Pat the lamb shanks dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a heavy based pot over high heat. Sear the lamb shanks in 2 batches until brown all over, about 5 minutes.
Remove lamb onto a plate and drain excess fat (if any) from the pot.
Turn the heat down to medium low. Heat remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil or butter in the same pot, if needed. Add the onion and garlic, cook for 2 minutes.
- then add white pepper, kapol, cumin, garam masala and curry powder and cayenne pepper mix about 20 sec and place the lamb shank back to the pot, add 1 tbs tomato paste
- Turn stove up, bring to a simmer. Until the lamb become tender
- once the lamb is ready, take out from the liquid and set aside.
- heat at some ghee or other butter, cook the shallot and garlic, chili padi, then add the white rice, cook until all mixed well together, then add the curry powder and garam masala.
- salt , pepper and sugar for taste
- baste the lamb shank with butter and coat them with sweet dark sauce and white pepper place them on the grill for about 5-8 min turning every time.