Indonesian WOKU chicken (English version)
- 1 kg of chicken –> cut chunks
- 1 key lime
- 150 ml of water
- 2 lemongrass –> bashed
- 2 key lime leaves
- 1 bay leaves
- 3 green onions –> cut long
- 200 grams of small green chili
- 100 grams of Asian Basil Leaves
Blended spices :
- 100 grams of small red chili
- 5 small red chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 5 garlic
- 8 small shallot
- 5 candle nut
- 3 cm of turmeric –> burn
- 1 tomato
- Squeeze lime juice over the chicken and rub well.
- Store the chicken in fridge for 1 hour.
- Blend all of the ingredients for Blended Spices.
- Cut the green chili into chunks.
- sautéed the blended spices and lemongrass, key lime leaves, and bay leaves, on MEDIUM until fragrant.
- Place the chicken in with the mixture and mix well. Add the water and cook the chicken for 40 minutes on MEDIUM heat with lid closed.
- Take off the lid of the pan and add the green chili . Cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- add the green onion and basil leaves until soft.
- Turn off the heat and serve the chicken immediately.