INDONESIAN SWEET SPICY BRAISED BEEF
This traditional Indonesian braised beef are usually have Savory and sweet taste. It require a little bit time in cooking, braised with a lot of spices. This recipe, have been modified to my own tasting.
In order for the meat stew seasoning to absorb well, the selection of beef must also be right.Even though the meat has no fat in it, it is difficult for the spices to be absorbed optimally.I suggest you to choose the meat from the thigh or preferably with a little fat. In addition, the sirloin meat usually has a more delicious and juicy taste character.
- 400g beef, cut into pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into large chunks
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 5 shallots
- 2 red chilies, discarded seeds
- 10 bird's eye chilies, whole (at the last input)
- 2 star anise
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tomato, cut into pieces
- 1 segment of ginger, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder
- 3 tablespoons bottled tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons bottled chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 soy sauce
- Javanese brown
- Heat the oil in a high heat skillet, then brown the meat, this technique helps to tie the meat's taste and texture.remove and set aside
- Puree shallots, garlic, and red chilies.
- Use the same skillet, then add the ground spices, saute until fragrant, then add the tomato, onion, add the bay leaves and ginger. Saute until fragrant.
- Transfer to stock pan, add in the meat. Saute until the meat changes color. Add seasonings such as cumin, garam masala, cloves, anise, garam masala, paprika powder, tomato sauce, chili sauce, and tomato paste.Saute again until the spices are mixed.Add water to cover the meat.Add Sweet Soy Sauce, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, ground cinnamon, and pepper to taste.
- Cover the pan and reduce the heat.Cook until the water is absorbed and the meat is cooked and tender. ADD the chili padi as a whole. as a garnish
- Serve the beef stew while warm.