Indonesian Flavoured Poached Peaches with Cashew Caramel Mascarpone
- 6 ripe peaches
- 2 thumbs of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, discard 2 outer layers
- 1/2 red chili, sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lime juice
- 150 ml runny honey
- 200 g sugar
- 80 g cashew nuts,toasted
- 150 gr mascarpone
- 100 ml double cream
- ice cubes
- Using a small sharp knife, score x 3 long into one end of the peaches, barely cutting into the fresh Place the ginger, lemongrass, chili, lime leaves, honey, and 150 gr sugar into a pot wide enough to hold all the peaches in one layer don’t over crowd.
- Then add 2 liter water bring to boil the simmer for 10 min Gently drop the peach with slotted spoon and bring back to high speed simmering then place cartouche.
- (Technique in poaching) on top of peaces and poach until cooked You should be able to poke a toothpick into a center easily (make sure you did the cartouche technique) Give them a thumble to help them cooked evenly.
- Once cooked turn the heat off, carefully take them out from the water and slide to ice water, leave for a couple minutes then peel the skins And return the fruit to the skillet and let them rest in the liquid Once cooled they can be kept covered in the fridge for 5-6 days so long they fliat in their liquid Cashwew frozen devide to half and roughly chop Place the remaining 50 gr of sugar in heavy based pan and place over a moderate heat Cooke until melt until turns golden brown You can stirs gently when it melts but realy in a getly geature or it can be caramelized, If nothing hapoend to the sugar just turn the heat up, until it does.
- Stir in the chopped nuts the.
- Tip into the baking paper lined with parchment paper spread it out being careful not to burn yourself wit hot caramel and leave until cold Carefully pour a littre of hot warer into a pot and leave it to simmer for few minutes (this help to clean the pot if caramel) Once caramel is cool bashed them up with rolling tin then mixed with mascarpone, add the cream and stir briskly to incorporate it all.