HOMEMADE ALFREDO SAUCE
This homemade Alfredo sauce recipe is easy to make in just 15 minutes, it’s rich and creamy and full of the best garlicky flavors, and always ultra comforting and delicious.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or finely-minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 80 gr mascarpone cheese (optional)
- 1 cup milk (I used 2% milk)
- 1 cup (1 1/2 ounces) freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- pinch of white pepper
- pinch of ground nutmeg (optional)
- Sauté garlic. Melt butter in a large saucepan or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in the flour and sauté for 1 minute more, stirring frequently.
- Add the milk and cream. Add in the heavy cream and milk and whisk until evenly combined.
- Simmer. Continue cooking until the mixture reaches a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, until thickened. Add in the Parmesan, salt, white pepper and nutmeg, and whisk until the cheese is completely melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Season. Taste and season with extra salt and/or white pepper, if needed.
- Serve. Serve warm and enjoy!