- 4 Slices Thick White Bread
- 3 Tablespoons Butter Or Margarine
- 2 Slices Cheese, Cheddar
- 4 Slices Thick Wheat Bread [Optional]
- Sharp Cheddar [Optional]
- Old Amsterdam Cheese [Optional]
- Chopped Jalapenos [Optional]
To prepare this great fast lunch time favorite you need to start by buttering up one side of each piece of bread. Place a non-stick frying pan on the oven over low-medium heat. Add one slice [or more if there is room] of bread to the pan butter down; top with a slice of cheese, place the other slice of bread butter side out. Pan fry until each side is golden brown and cheese is melted. This grilled cheese goes great with tomato soup.