Grilled Peppered Steak With Brandy Cream Sauce
- 3 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks, about 3/4 inch thick (about 1 1/2 lb)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots or green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup brandy or Progresso® beef flavored broth
- 1/2 cup Progresso® beef flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- Press pepper onto both sides of beef.
- Grill beef uncovered 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 7 to 8 minutes on each side for medium doneness (160°F) or until desired doneness.
- While beef is grilling, melt butter in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat. Cook shallots in butter, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in brandy and broth. Cook over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until mixture is slightly reduced. Stir in sour cream. Serve with beef.