GRILLED LAMB CHOPS WITH RED WINE CHOCOLATE SAUCE
At first I was super reluctant to use chocolate as a sauce, but the challenge was given to me and OH MY GOD, I am super glad we took that challenge, the sauce is super tasty and amazing…give it a try you will not regret it
- 1 rack of lamb ( we did French cut to this lamb)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon clarified butter
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup wine
- 1/4 cup port wine
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 28 gr dark or baking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C . Cut the lamb rack into two equal-sized pieces and season on all sides with salt. (For this I use French cut lamb chops)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil and the pan are hot, season the lamb with good salt and black pepper then add the lamb to the skillet, fat-side down. Sear until browned and crisp, and then sear both ends for 2-3 minutes until they are browned and crisp also. Turn the lamb so the fat side is up and the bones are on the bottom and place the skillet in the oven.
- Roast the lamb for 5-7 minutes and remove from the oven. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized pan, melt the butter, ghee, or coconut oil over medium heat. Add the diced shallot and cook for 3 minutes or until softening and fragrant. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes or it begins to brown.
- Add the rosemary, red wine, and broth and turn the heat up to medium-high. Cook for 3 more minutes or until the liquid is beginning to reduce. Stir in the chocolate and butter or coconut oil to thicken the sauce. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until the sauce reaches a desired thickness. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the lamb and spoon the sauce generously over. Serve with green vegetables and roasted potatoes. Enjoy!