Grilled Chicken with Brie and Baby Spinach Salad
- Cooking spray
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 5 ounces each
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 4 to 8 slices Brie cheese, about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- Heat a stove-top grill pan or griddle with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat to preheat.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt, black pepper, and garlic and herb seasoning. Add chicken to hot pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through. Remove from heat. Place 1 to 2 slices of Brie on top of chicken, cover with foil and place back on grill pan for another 1 minute, until cheese melts.
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and chopped shallots to the pan and saute. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, honey and salt and pepper, to taste. Add the mixture to the skillet and stir to combine. Pour the warm vinaigrette over the spinach and toss to coat. Crumble the bacon strips over the dressed salad.
- Transfer chicken to a serving plate or plate with spinach salad.