Ginger Scallion Beef
- 600 g rump steak, thinly sliced
- 4 stalks scallion, cut into 5cm length
- 100 g ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt & white pepper
- Splash of sesame oil
- Marinate beef slices with soy sauce, cornflour and oil for 15-30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok under high heat until smoking hot.
- Add sliced ginger and give it a quick stir for a minute.
- Add beef and scallions and quickly stir fry for a further 1-2 minutes until the beef turned brown and just cooked and scallions are slightly wilted.
- Season with salt and white pepper and add a splash of sesame oil. Mix well and serve immediately with steamed rice.