GARLIC AGLIO PASTA WITH GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN
- 400g/14oz spaghetti
- 3 fresh red chillies
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 5 tbsp unsalted Butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped flatleaf parsley
- 2 or a whole chicken breast or 4 pcs whole chicken leg (without bone)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh oregano
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp minced fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
Prepare the chicken
Place the chicken on a chopping board and cover with a piece of baking paper or clingfilm.
Use the flat side of a meat mallet (or a heavy rolling pin) to flatten the chicken until it is ½" thick.
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, basil, parsley, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste
Place chicken in a size resealable bag. Pour marinade mixture over chicken. Seal bag while pressing out excess air.
- Rub marinade over chicken while turning pieces to coat with herbs and garlic until it's evenly distributed
- Transfer to refrigerator and let marinate 1 - 8 hours.
- Preheat a gas grill over medium-high heat to about 425 degrees.
- Grill chicken until center registers 165 degrees in thickest portion, about 5 minutes per side.
- Let rest a few minutes before serving. Garnish with more fresh basil and parsley if desired.
- Remove from the heat and tent with foil to keep warm.
Prepare the pasta
Whilst the chicken is cooking bring a large pan of water to a boil.
Once the water is boiling, add 1 tbsp of salt and add the pasta.
Cook the pasta until al-dente.
Reserve a cup of the pasta cooking water and then drain the pasta. Then return it to the pan.
Melt the stick of butter over a low heat in a small pan. Then add some of the olive oil
Peel and chop the garlic finely.
Add the garlic to the butter and cook it over a very low heat. Don't let the garlic color. then add the dry chili and the chopped chilis (it depends how you like your spice)
- Pour half of the garlic butter into the pasta, add ¼ cup of the pasta cooking water and then stir in the pasta. Cook over a medium heat until everything is well coated.
Add more pasta cooking water if needed.
Slice the chicken and serve along side the pasta.
Drizzle the dish with the remaining butter and garnish with chopped parsley.