GARLIC AGLIO PASTA WITH GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN
- 400g/14oz spaghetti
- 3 fresh red chillies
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 5 tbsp unsalted Butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped flatleaf parsley
- 2 or a whole chicken breast or 4 pcs whole chicken leg (without bone)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh oregano
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp minced fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
Prepare the chicken
- Place the chicken on a chopping board and cover with a piece of baking paper or clingfilm.
- Use the flat side of a meat mallet (or a heavy rolling pin) to flatten the chicken until it is ½" thick.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, basil, parsley, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken in a size resealable bag. Pour marinade mixture over chicken. Seal bag while pressing out excess air.
- Rub marinade over chicken while turning pieces to coat with herbs and garlic until it's evenly distributed
- Transfer to refrigerator and let marinate 1 - 8 hours.
- Preheat a gas grill over medium-high heat to about 425 degrees.
- Grill chicken until center registers 165 degrees in thickest portion, about 5 minutes per side.
- Let rest a few minutes before serving. Garnish with more fresh basil and parsley if desired.
- Remove from the heat and tent with foil to keep warm.
Prepare the pasta
- Whilst the chicken is cooking bring a large pan of water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add 1 tbsp of salt and add the pasta.
- Cook the pasta until al-dente.
- Reserve a cup of the pasta cooking water and then drain the pasta. Then return it to the pan.
- Melt the stick of butter over a low heat in a small pan. Then add some of the olive oil
- Peel and chop the garlic finely.
- Add the garlic to the butter and cook it over a very low heat. Don't let the garlic color. then add the dry chili and the chopped chilis (it depends how you like your spice)
- Pour half of the garlic butter into the pasta, add ¼ cup of the pasta cooking water and then stir in the pasta. Cook over a medium heat until everything is well coated.
- Add more pasta cooking water if needed.
- Slice the chicken and serve along side the pasta.
- Drizzle the dish with the remaining butter and garnish with chopped parsley.